How to Enhance the Etch to make it darker

So I took the cosmic plunge , and way to cool , way to easy for the glowflorge, a modest couple of hours splitting the work load.

With that said my first Laptop engraving turned into a Rotten Apple when the laser hit the very corner of the Apple Logo. DONT DO THAT , BE CAREFUL.

This was the end result after a double pass :
My Question is what can i do now to darken it a bit more. ?

5 Likes

Aluminum is not going to darken with the laser, the beam just removes the anodizing, but perhaps you could stain it somehow. I personally don’t have any experience trying it but I would experiment on some other anodized item before trying it with your laptop. Maybe try sharpie using alcohol to clean up around it (cool design BTW).

2 Likes

The other option (but too late here after the fact) is the Cermark and similar products for marking metal…

I could be wrong, but I don’t think Cermark works on aluminum

Yes, it works on aluminum, at least the LMM6000 stuff does; I don’t know if there are other Cermark formulas that do not work on aluminum. I use it periodically.

1 Like

Happy cake day

3 Likes

Oh goodness, almost missed it! Happy Cakeday @Xabbess! :grinning::balloon::tada::confetti_ball::boom:

1 Like

Oh …cool! I didn’t know that. I stand corrected. Thanks!

Ha ha! Not even I noticed that it was my cakeday! Thank you everyone…I’m so happy to be a part of this great group .:grinning:

4 Likes

H.C.D! You have been a great community member! :tada:

3 Likes

Happy, happy Cakeday @Xabbess! It was a good day for the forum when you joined! :blush:

2 Likes

Happy cake day!!!

1 Like

It says 10/22 on your profile. Must have been an Aussie that started this :slight_smile:

Happy :cake: day (tomorrow) :laughing:

3 Likes

Haha! Now that I recall, I think my date of cake on here has been incorrect from the beginning…by one day. But, in this case…it’s of no consequence. Thank you, tomorrow!

5 Likes