Here are the steps. Note: this will work with any line and any shape.
If you are using a shape, make sure to set it to no fill.
- Draw your line.
- Open the Stroke Palette and click on Dashed Line. You can change the size of the dash and gap here.
- Change the size of the stroke to .0001 pt
- Under the Object Menu choose Expand and make sure only Stroke is checked and hit enter
- Change the size and color of the stroke to whatever you want.
- Import into your Laser Software and set to score or cut.
That’s it! Ready for scoring or cutting!