How to win friends and influence wives

I have an engineer friend who is retiring soon and is intrigued by my Glowforge. I sent him the referral link, and he said he will have to discuss it with his “CFO” before making that kind of purchase (as he did with his $6k camera). To help him out, I made him a couple of items for Valentine’s Day for her to whet her appetite.

The first is the old standby cutting board. I wrote up some text befitting of her playful nature and love of cooking. I also added a picture of her on it (greyscale using dot pattern). And I converted a sample picture I did on 1/8 inch plain plywood into a keyring for her. I then took a backyard rock and engraved something on the front and back (200 speed, full power). Don’t look at engraving like this while this in going on, even with glasses, as it is VERY bright.

For another friend who is almost as intrigued, and for whom I made some stuff before, I did a picture frame for his wife for the twins Valentine’s gift to them. They are my twins’ godparents. I make these picture frames in two layers; the back has an inner cut out the exact size of the glass, and the front has a smaller cut out so the glass does not come through. I glue the two layers together.

20180210_175118

32 Likes

Love the cutting board!

3 Likes

All great projects! I especially like the picture frame. You’ve done these before; it’s so nice the way you are personalizing them.

3 Likes

Great picture frame.

3 Likes

Love the frame!

1 Like

That frame is fantastic! What a great idea for a Valentine’s gift.

1 Like

Yep! Awesome idea to personalize their gifts!

1 Like