How was this even made!? Hollow clear acrylic?

It has been ‘possibly mistakenly’ flagged for over 24 hours and @dan and Staff have been online regularly since then

Cool! That really helps clarify :slight_smile: i didn’t want to make or anything i just thought it was really cool and wanted to share, heh. I appreciate this!

Yeah, still no specific idea why for me which just kinda makes me nervous about posting cool things I want to share again. sigh. Ah well. It’s probably ok. Just nerve wracking.

@tehclairemeister, I apologize. @Discourse has a trigger finger for first posts by new users based on how fast they type. You’re the second person who’s been bitten by it this week. I put you back to right, turned off the discourse feature, and now please accept my sincere apologies for this terrible welcome to the forum.

Thank you for joining us, and I hope it doesn’t sour you on a wonderful place to read and share!

14 Likes

Hi @tehclairemeister, Josh here from the Discourse Team. I’m sorry you had
a poor welcome to your new community.

I wanted to share a bit of background: - our data has shown that most
users who type their first ever post faster than 3 seconds are spammers. As
such, if <3 seconds pass from the time you click “Create Topic” to the time
you click “Submit” and it’s your first ever post, the software assumes
you’re a spammer and silences you until staff can intervene. Most of the
time this catches spammers, but software is never perfect - well meaning
users can be caught too. Apologies that you got caught by it, hopefully
knowing a bit more about what happened can help clarify.

Josh
~ Discourse Technical Advocate

10 Likes

Ok, understood…but also that’s not what happened here. Just checking if that is general advice or meant to point out what likely happened here, because i most definitly didn’t type and post the above in <3 seconds, I remember sitting with it. Thank you!

That’s good to know. All I can tell you is what I can see in the logs:

[image: image.png]
I’ll loop engineering in to see if we have a bug here.

Josh

Well, that right there is where you made your mistake…ROFL! :wink:
Sounds like there’s a ghost in the machine. :ghost:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @tehclairemeister!
You might need a new keyboard after that blazing fast post :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: might have melted a few keys. Congrats for finding a rare bug on your first post!

3 Likes

Hehe, melted keys… Yeah, never heard typing that sounds like a dot matrix printer.

1 Like