HUGE Nautilus Logo for Office at School

Love original artwork, this simply rocks

2 Likes

That looks fantastic! I love steampunk! The whole room looks great.

2 Likes

Amazing overall design! Where is the school? It sounds like one in Orlando but I presume there are others.

It makes me want to see the movie again looking for design ideas. Watching them fight the giant squid made me think of how many great steaks they could slice those tentacles into. Which was not the effect they were looking for.

2 Likes

mmmm - steak!

Our school is in British Columbia (Canada)

2 Likes

Just may be the coolest office ever. Fantastic job.

2 Likes

What an office! great job on the piece.

1 Like

Here’s the other sign, kids have been busy working, which lets me keep busy “working”

12 Likes

Sucks to be you!!

:joy:

1 Like

You guys Jules Verned the heck out of the place! Fantastic!

7 Likes

I love it! It reminds me of the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago. Once you start looking closely at the details in the decor, you’ll see all the sea creatures that they built into everything. http://www.remains.com/blog/2013/03/spongebob-would-feel-right-at-home-nudibranches/

4 Likes

LOVE that! Gunna borrow a few ideas.

One of the problems we have is with the other “unions” and trades, they don’t like us doing stuff ourselves, so pretty much everything is “temporary”. Walls and widows are all vinyl that can be removed, nothing is really permanent.

2 Likes

Here’s a few images, it is a working office, so we’re a bit limited as to what we can do, but we’re adding little chachkies and things here and there

20 Likes

WOW, you literally went overboard with the steampunk nautical theme. I love it!

5 Likes

those are so beautiful! bravo!

1 Like

You folks have been elevated to hero status. I’m so inspired, Thank you!

3 Likes

So, basically you’re working in heaven on earth. I would love to work in a place like that

4 Likes

This is amazing and I love it so much. I feel like i need ALL the details that allow for this kind of creativity and artistry in a school: public or private? grade school, high school or college? As soon as I saw this was in Canada, I was like, OKAY, that makes sense. Creativity that feeds the minds and imaginations of children instead of boring bureaucratic “design” : is this what happens when you don’t starve your school systems in order to keep taxes low for the rich, or premise their budgets on local property taxes? Or is this just an outlier situation because you and your office mates are amazing?

3 Likes

Oh. My. God. I’m totally floored!!! To work in a place like that…and you obviously have AMAZING coworkers to jump all in with you! Just WOW! Be sure to post any job openings in this forum please lol :joy:
We have sooo many rules at my school…but I am now thinking very hard about what loopholes I can find! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thanks! Our school is a bit of both the things you mention. Yes, Canada is pretty good about funding education, but there are a few other factors that make us “lucky”.

We are a large school with increasing enrollment. Having kids that want to take our classes really helps. We have 6 teachers all teaching “computers”. We’ve also had a lot of support from admin.

Public school (8-12)

But, we are an expensive dept to run. 3D printers, laser engravers, TShirt printers, etc. So we started a PrintShop 3 years ago. We do large format printing and DTG shirts too. Then we turned it into a class, giving kids experience working in a functional printshop, design & production.

So we’ve been able to fund ourselves for a lot of these little pet projects (we just made one of our doors into a functional arcade machine).

We are really lucky, and yes it’s an amazing place to work. I’m also personally lucky that the other guys here let me express what’s in this messed up brain of mine.

Thanks, more to come!!

6 Likes

We choose to ask for forgiveness than permission… a lot

3 Likes