Humbled: A Farewell to Arms

So happy to hear that you’ll have your GF soon. Take care of yourself and post as you are able. We’ll be here. :relieved:

1 Like

Ha! That is how my peers can tell I’m actually working. :slight_smile:

Congrats on getting “the” email.

2 Likes

You have a great attitude and outlook. The GF is so simple to use, it will be easier than you think, I’ll bet. Have fun and heal quickly!

1 Like

So glad you got the email! I empathize with your painful arms–I’ve been having problems as well from too much mousing, although not on the scale that you have. I even got an ergonomic mouse (it didn’t help at all). I’m finding relief now by using a pen tablet–holding the pen doesn’t seem to bother my hand.

1 Like

glad that the pen tablet seems to help. Seems one of the tricks in life is finding the right helpful tools. GF is probably one of them (or at least a great distraction!)

I once saw a documentary about Polio. One of the survivors had lost use of his arms, so he taught himself to do a lot of things with his feet, including typing. He earned a college degree, doing his own typing. I keep thinking that if he could do that, I can put up with some pain. Thinking about things like that made me wonder if I’m really feeling compassion for people who are worse off than I am or if it is a slightly twisted thought, leaning toward a “glad that’s not me” thought - inspiring this haiku:

perspective lives at
the crossroads of compassion
and sad revulsion

hm… :confused:

4 Likes

^^^This…this is why this family forum is awesome !!! We can be your hands when needed…
I have no doubt that if you need any assistance with any of your projects in the way of designing or tweeking…you wont have to look far to find it !!

:heart::heart: Fast healing and congrats on your new bundle of joy

5 Likes

Congrats and I hope you recover well. Perhaps the Free Laser Designs will cut down on the tedium of design. Perhaps the Glowforge designs can assist. But above all, I hope we can all assist each other when there are difficult designs that we just can’t master for whatever reason.

2 Likes

You are all wonderful (includes everyone I didn’t quote… just too many!) Thanks :heart_eyes: :hugging: :glowforge:

4 Likes

@cynzu, so happy & excited to see the amazing things you’re going to create! Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery, I’ve been there.

This is my favorite thing you’ve ever posted.

12 Likes

Please don’t give up now. There is a difference between artistic and creative. I have found that when I am given rules I enjoy the challenge of breaking them or finding loopholes. It pushes you to find creative solutions to problems. One of the unique aspects of the Glowforge is the ability to use it without design software.

Find your way of making creative “marks”.

3 Likes

:heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like