I am claiming the world's largest Glowforge project

I’ve been thinking of a project similar, but on actual canvas, however nothing this large.

Wow, very nice job! I guess the sky is the limit, size-wise. I really like the way you created that image.

1 Like

So this is all single layer, puzzle-pieced together then? Nifty idea to hide the seams by making them run along color changes, even if it did mean using a lot more material, the end product will likely benefit from the choice.

4 Likes

Yes, that is exactly right.

2 Likes

It looks really slick. Well done!

says that guy with negative artistic talent, :frowning:

5 Likes

Wow! Amazing work! Yep, you win the title. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Unbelievable! It’s a larger than life topographic map of a peep! What a clever idea! Can’t wait to see the finished project! :star_struck:

(Coincidentally, it does surpass the former record of something like 17 sheets for that wren birdhouse, if it were to be cut out of PG instead of cardboard.)

3 Likes

That’s what I’m talkin’ about! Great to see you going big and colorful!

1 Like

Wowsers!!! That’s impressive!

Guinness book of world records, here you come! Can’t wait to see the final version :slight_smile:

1 Like

I may take you up on the largest print challenge when i finally get my unit. I just don’t think my wife will appreciate a giant portrait of video game characters all over the house.

3 Likes

Wow…what a project!! Looks really cool!

Wow, that’s really amazing! The hours of work and amount of material really paid off.

Thanks for discussing the process. Knowing what works and what doesn’t helps lots.

I recall somebody saying they wanted to do their fence.

1 Like

Finally finished the painting, framing, and mounting.

15 Likes

Very nice picture. How did you do it?

That’s not just art, it’s an adventure into new territory! Turned out stunning! :grinning:

2 Likes

That’s brilliant…

I have a cheap piece (from Hobby Lobby) in my bathroom, fake weathered wood slats with a bull skull painted on it. The colors are separated by black lines (cartoon-style), but there are fake scores in the slats to make it look like different length pieces. Now I am wondering how it would look to make one with real weathered wood, and score the dividing lines instead of painting them…

Thanks. I explain the process in the original first post. If you need more information just ask.

1 Like

Thanks. Check out this post for additional techniques. Your idea is sound.

1 Like