I am one with the Forge, the Forge is one with me

That design is lovely. Can’t wait to see what else you make.

4 Likes

Congratulations! I’m excited to see what you do with it! Thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

Do you have to specify that they send you black and white only pieces? Or can the software work with the various colors that may be there?

I have a LOT of artist friends who this might be something they would want to jump on. I hadn’t thought about an art exchange and I bet it would be a hit.

Shameless plug for one of my friends, He is the webcomic artist for StarPower. http://www.starpowercomic.com/

I really want to take one of his Chapter Covers, put it on acrylic and light it with LEDs. In my head at least it looks amazing with all the star points being lit up.

5 Likes

The noise factor is a new parameter - its great to know as some of us with air filters plan to run these indoors in living space. Thanks @takitus

2 Likes

Ive been doing some preliminary tests and have noticed quite a few things about the noise profile of the glowforge and how it can further be reduced apart from the vent tube muffling. Its supposed to snow this weekend, so if were stuck in the house I might be able to come to some stronger conclusions on these findings. Either way there should be a post about it from me in the future.

15 Likes

This is Probably almost as good as a Christmas present …to see another participant , is really fun…dreaming of a " GF Christmas in July ".

3 Likes

Happy Birthday @rebecca !:gift:

3 Likes

Well up until yesterday it didn’t matter because I was using my Chinese laser which had no cameras. I would have to take a photo with my Camera and put it in Photoshop and go through the whole crazy conversion process and usually have to engrave multiple times to get the leveling just right if it wasn’t just black and white (greyscale is a lot more work).

Now I’m probably going to continue to take photos of the piece with my DSLR if it isn’t line art because I know my camera will return a much more detailed image than the lid cam and have perfectly even lighting.

I still will do color pieces. I just tell them what I’m doing, what goes into the process and how it works, and for them to send me what they would most like to have engraved.

Depending on how good of friends we are sometimes I’ll ask them if I can have a specific piece I’ve seen that I really like. Worst case in those scenarios is they can only send it to me to engrave, so I just engrave a copy for myself too! =)

12 Likes

My biggest gripe so far:

34 Likes

Those only come with beta units.
:imp:

17 Likes

21 Likes

It is night and day between here and the FB group. I can’t even come up with a properly fitting metaphor for what those folks value vs what the GF does well. Geesh. Keep the updates comin’!

5 Likes

Um…

We use this for work. I have a crap ton of these. And other colors. If you want one. You know where to find me.

34 Likes

red makes it cut faster right

16 Likes

MOAR POWAH!

13 Likes

Don’t forget to add the speed holes.

12 Likes

16 Likes

Hahaha!

3 Likes

I’m actually going to bookmark this. I’m working on finding a new workspace (basically a new apartment with a spare room) and I love having random splashes of color like that

1 Like

He sent me this link earlier. Been window shopping off and on lol

https://www.cablesandkits.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=colored+power+cords&x=0&y=0#keywords=colored+power+cords&refinement_data[Color%3ARed]=Color%3ARed&page=2&results_per_page=12

9 Likes