I don't know what to do with my air filters

I have two air filters that I no longer use and I’ve tried selling them here and on FB marketplace. Unfortunately, I just can’t seem to get rid of them. So now they’re just taking up space in my garage and I was hoping one of you had some advice as to what I can do with them or a better way of selling them.
If anyone does happen to be interested, I live in Orlando, FL :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The market for used air filters is very specific, you’ll have to find the buyer is the problem.

That being said, supply and demand says that if you lower the price enough eventually somebody will take it.

Personally, I think that selling a used air filter is almost impossible, it’s such a small market and fundamentally you want to get rid of them because you know exactly why people don’t want them.

I think that selling a used air filter is almost impossible, it’s such a small market and fundamentally you want to get rid of them because you know why people don’t want them.

I think the reality is that in the end you’re going to have to wait a long time for the exact right buyer to show up or you’ll have to drop the price so low that you might as well give it away. You’re almost certainly not going to get much of your money back.

8 Likes

While they might look hard to find someone needing to use one with a Glowforge there might be someone who needs to control pollen, dust, and/or smells in a room. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I’ve been thinking about maybe using mine to make a vacuum forming machine. I probably need to do some tests. It is an expensive vacuum in this case but it has been years since I used it with the Glowforge and they are hard to Eben give away.

I’m on the space coast.

3 Likes

I bet that fan isn’t related for much static pressure. What sort of differential do you need for vacuum forming?

EDIT:

I just googled for a bit to try to find the part number on the fan that’s in the filter unit. No luck. Anyone know what it is?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.