I had the best day

Count me in as interested. :wink:

Well thatā€™s incredible! Where is that?

17 Likes

ā€œWait a minute - I thought we only had 2 rabbitsā€¦ā€:rabbit:

Donā€™t support animal testing - they get all stressed and nervous and put down the wrong answers !!! :rabbit2:

10 Likes

This is simply adorable! What could be cuter than a little kid and some soft bunnies! :relaxed:

3 Likes

I second this. People should use some caution when experimenting with this wood. Cocobolo is a beautiful wood but Ive heard too many horror stories of allergic reactions. To be fair, some people can work with it for years and be fine, but others can go so far as to have rashes that bleed. And for those that are sensitive to it, the reactions get worse the more often you are exposed to it.

Thatā€™s why I have always stayed away from it, which is sad for me because I love strong color variation in wood and cocobolo has that in spades.

Its also worth noting, if you plan to do anything other than laser the wood, that cocobolo is extremely oily and typically cannot be glued in a traditional manner. I build guitars and in the guitar world its an often requested wood. But to do a laminate with cocobolo you actually have to treat the wood with acetone to dry up a lot of the surface oils and then usually epoxy (rather than wood or hide glue) it. Otherwise the joint may fail.

8 Likes

What is the name? Headed to Portland next week.

1 Like

Hey! Itā€™s called Gilmer Wood Co. https://www.gilmerwood.com/
2211 NW Saint Helens Rd. Portland OR 97210
Itā€™s an unassuming warehouse, blink and youā€™ll miss it.

1 Like

Any chance this candy store is on the West Coast

Is there a list of woods that we should not use a laser on?

Elijah Wood
Chris Wood
Natalie Wood
James Woods
Tiger Woods

20 Likes

This link to wood allergies and toxicity has been posted by others before:

No Morning on the list?

3 Likes

Lol!

Is there a list of wood to stay away from using with the Glowforge? Iā€™m having trouble locating one on the internet. Thanks!

Wood Toxicity Table - line #31

2 Likes

Hey I live in WNC as well in Canton specifically.