I hate COVID!

I have only been back to our office building twice in the two years I have been working from home.

2 Likes

After two years of avoiding COVID I’m kind of resigned to getting it this weekend. Will be attending my granddaughters 1st birthday party.

Of course she won’t care if I’m a no show but my daughter might take it personally. Probably 40 people in the house. Will spend as much time outside as I can but won’t be easy to avoid everyone.

Told my daughter it would likely be a super spreader event. Not for her. Everyone in the household had COVID two weeks ago.

Not sure which I’m dreading more, COVID exposure or being around the ex-wife and her Karen of a mother for the first time in 30 years.

9 Likes

Good luck. Maybe the passage of 30 years has made your X and X MIL more tolerable.

2 Likes

Florida still reports. Maybe not on whatever site you normally checked but it’s still out there.

1 Like

take vitamin D, C and Zinc. very early on a hospital in Spain I think it was, reported that ALL hospitalized covid patients had vitamin D deficiency.

starting tonight!

if you do get sick, let me know and I’ll let you know what we took to get over it in a week.

3 Likes

Npt a fan of Google medicine. But that said, already taking high dose Vitamin D as prescribed for an earlier deficiency.

7 Likes

not google medicine, but suit yourself.

1 Like

seems that vitamin D deficiencies are becoming more and more common (or so my doctor said). both my wife and i were very low (supposed to be between 20 and 40, i was at 9). it took a couple of years, starting with high dose prescription vitamin D and then just continuing with a daily dose of 5000 IUs and i’m back in the high 20s now. there are a lot of things potentially tied to vitamin D deficiencies. not all of them are direct causality issues, but it does affect a lot.

8 Likes

My doctor put me on Vit D about 8 years ago and I got to looking around.
Seems like anything over 1,000 is useless and can even cause problems.
The doc agreed and dropped me to a 1,000 daily dosage.

2 Likes

I wonder what the stats mean now (or at least the % positivity rate anyway). Last year folks would get tested for just about any reason and needed to be tested to do many things. Now there are far fewer testing requirements and home test kits. So now it seems a self-selection bias may be at work - you only get a recorded test if you have had an at-home positive or are getting surgical procedures or other fairly rare required test. So the recorded tests are a product not of high occurrence (relative to previous numbers we’re familiar with) but because we’re only testing those most likely to be positive.

2 Likes

I have taken D,C, zinc for a few years now (as well as a multi vitamin and iron all on docs orders) and believe in my heart that is why my case of Corona was easier than most colds I’ve had in the past. I had no symptoms.

2 Likes

That is not politics. It is a fact. The governor said so.

3 Likes

Cruelty and horror should not be political. A 30% one-day drop in the three-day average number of folks infected makes me wonder at the accuracy of a graph.

1 Like

I am not looking for debate. I am simply trying to remind others what the rules of this “oasis on the internet” are.

And the fact that a politician said it makes it politics whether it is fact or not. (And to be clear, I was not questioning or challenging anything in your post, just trying to remind everyone of the rules.)

8 Likes

I get to deal with masks and tests and people dealing with the same all day for work, I like coming here for not that.

7 Likes

For me, that would be more. Than enough reason to cancel.

3 Likes

In the middle of it now. Needless to say that posting on the forum is more fun than interacting with the ex and MIL.

9 Likes

Sorry. Wasn’t trying to be obnoxious.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.