I hate COVID!

:mask:
I just got my husband back to work after a month off…and after 3 days he’s home with COVID! I’ll never get to Glowforge!

20 Likes

I hope you have an uneventful recovery and that you stay healthy. TheGlowforge will wait.

12 Likes

Certainly irritating even if not severe. My kid’s families see each other daily and share baby sitting and other common duties. As seniors we haven’t had a lot of opportunities to visit in two years. Planned Thanksgiving dinner canceled because two had Covid. Christmas gathering cancelled (grandson). New Years substitute cancelled (DIL). February visit cancelled (son). Grandson’s big birthday party occured but we didn’t go because his brother was still in quarantine on the other side of the house. Just got a call that my 1 yr old granddaughter has tested positive so it’s likely my daughter and SIL will sequentially get it and have to cancel her 1st birthday party in two weeks.

16 Likes

So sorry to hear that. Praying for speedy recovery.

8 Likes

Wow, holidays have not been kind to your family!

6 Likes

I’m just recovering myself. It was fairly mild, thankfully.

Hope he’s back to health soon.

Can you not GF while he’s sleeping/watching TV/whatever? Is it too loud?

13 Likes

What a drag! I hope everyone who is ill heals with no lingering effects.

7 Likes

Thanks. Luckily no one caught COVID for the first 18 months. All been the more contagious but usually lesser severe version. Though if the SIL (father) gets even that we will all worry.

5 Likes

Yikes! Florida has cut all covid reporting so we cannot even tell what is happening. Supposedly there is a Pfizer early treatment help that I hope he can access those quickly.

2 Likes

Yes, one advantage to being a physician is they want you well ASAP, so he got the medicine. Of course, the only pharmacy that had it was an hour’s drive away and we are on lockdown…Hooray for having children! Yes, our son got it for him. :smile: In his rental car- because I forgot to mention that he was hit by a stop sign running teen on the day of my husband’s second cataract surgery. Thank goodness he was driving his fiancee’s car and not mine (which he’s been driving for over a year because another car accident totaled his) and yes, now her SUV is gone. but he’s alive and mostly well and my husband is recovering and I don’t have Covid again…I’m just a grouchy idiot :wink:

16 Likes

I think you are coping remarkably well!

3 Likes

It is really good to have deep family about. Pam goes in the hospital in a few days and there will be nobody else about for two weeks, and there will not be any visiting.

3 Likes

That’s such a shame, like if they bury their heads in the sand it isn’t happening. People are also not getting and reporting test results as readily as they did in the past nationwide, which makes tracking more difficult everywhere. My state has started testing virus levels in wastewater as a proxy for infection levels in the community. Those levels are up 6x from April, and hospitalizations are up 450% from last week. Looks like we’re having a summer spike for the first time.

7 Likes

I was surprised to learn that for my next (and hopefully last) surgical procedure this week, Covid tests are no longer required.

5 Likes

Yikes!
I was happy that they had no issue with me keeping my own mask on for my procedure, because theirs are…not a good seal.

5 Likes

That is because Florida is run by Republicans.

1 Like

Whether I agree with you or not, we are asked to refrain from talking about politics here.

6 Likes

I live here:

People have basically stopped wearing masks. Despite the risk level being raised back to High, they’re still crowding into conference rooms having meetings and workshops, or as I call them, superspreader events.

7 Likes

get the better quieter exhaust set up

in that situation make sure you’re taking a good vitamin D supplement.

probably the best preventative measure you can take and still be active in the world.

1 Like