I like this community

There’s actually a good answer for that one. As a people, we are obsessed with “straight” lines on the cardinal directions. The state was not settled in this manner. And if you go back in time and look you can see how the lines evolved here::

http://westjersey.org/wj_line.htm

1 Like

Growing up for most of my life in NJ, I never knew this history. That’s fascinating.

i thought jersey was just about “which exit?”

<duck>

6 Likes

There is some truth to that, even though most folks in NJ will argue that the state is quite beautiful if you get away from the major cities and highways. Unfortunately, those are the areas that most people visiting the state will see. And that stupid reality show (with kids from NY) didn’t help.

In my life, I’ve lived off of exit 88, 89, 91, 105, and 110 of the Garden State Parkway, and off of exit 9 and 11 of the NJ turnpike. Of course, “off of the exit” is relative–as in you could be anywhere from 100 ft to 10 miles off of the nearest exit, and still use it as a reference point.

Looks great!

1 Like

We’re already planning our 2024 eclipse in Erie. You’re actually way closer than we are. We’re like 375 miles.

2 Likes