I LOVE Acrylic!

What? You didn’t really have bacon? Suffering’ succotash!

2 Likes

… I DID have the bacon. I NEVER joke about bacon.
:grinning:

6 Likes

:+1::grin:

1 Like

These are so awesome and you’re going to have some really happy family members! I share your love of acrylic, and it has led to me becoming a hoarder which is supported by my local TAP Plastic store supporting my habit. I have stacks of the stuff everywhere. :laughing:)

4 Likes

Those look fantastic! The recipients are going to love them!

1 Like

I agree, THANKS for the long explanation of your process. I can imagine that the spider man elicited a few naughty words while cutting and assembling.

1 Like

Did you make up the really good bacon sandwich??? That’s just not right! Never tease about bacon!!!

EDIT:

ALWAYS READ ENTIRE POST BEFORE COMMENTING

2 Likes

Magnificent
When I think that I could not test your method and achieve such nice things since my glowforge broke 2 days after receiving it … I start to cry again when I see it there in my living room but unusable

1 Like

Wow these are works of art, no wonder you love acrylic!

1 Like

are you asking if I am a medical radiology guy? no, I am not.
??

That is a great step by step, thank you! it 100% looks worth it. Are you talking super 77 for spray on glue? I am also thankful that you mentioned that you use wood for the bottom, I keep trying to glue acrylic together with acrylic glue and it just never seems right or when I’m using clear acrylic it tends to off gas and make the pieces cloudy.

2 Likes

OH oh! OH!!! modem protocols!!! ( Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification) I kept thinking DICOM!!!

duh!

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

There ya go! I retired after 38 years working for a cable company. I worked in a master headend and was responsible for wiring and maintaining the CMTS’s, optical transmitters and receivers and fibers for over 200 fiber nodes across the city and a few surrounding small towns. I loved my job, and miss it, but love being retired!

1 Like

Yup - did IT tech support, since 1985, worked in a colo freezing my butt off :stuck_out_tongue:
moved to vegas 12 years ago, worked for a medical office doing ‘bio-tech / radiology support’
was Covid retired.

Jon

1 Like

Totally awesome. Thanks for sharing!

This slight exaggeration just made me laugh my butt off. Btw, bacon is LIFE :joy:

Looks awesome!!!

Sweet designs, printing, and placements!!!

I like your approach to just have a solid bottom layer into which the pieces can fit inside and sit atop. I’ve done some single-layer ‘stained glass’ designs where I was adjusting kerf so that a single layer of the pieces would fit snugly enough together into the ‘framework’ black so that I could glue all together reliably with Weld-On – and well, it ended up being incredibly time intensive and had several pieces of waste when I cracked them fitting together. Your way seems much more pain-free!

2 Likes

Fellow canadian eh? :wink::sweat_smile::grin: