I made a chair!

Finally kicked the 7 year old off the Glowforge just long enough so I could curse and swear at the work flow from Sketchup to prototype! But we made it! With only fingers full of superglue and a chair big enough for Barbie and a domesticated eagle eye Action Man to show for it.

Didn’t quite nail the dimensions as the cut widths should be twice the material thickness. To full scale the parts would be 36mm wide for 18mm ply.

And some of you may recognise the chair from somewhere? Anyone?

Obligatory………….

60 Likes

Don’t recognize the banana, but the little chair is stunning! Way to hit the ground running! :smile:

4 Likes

What a beautiful chair! And I like your filename for the photo–very cute. I don’t recognize the chair source but then I live under a rock.

2 Likes

New must do, fantastic.

2 Likes

Man that is a big banana!

3 Likes

well done. where is it from? looks familiar but can’t quite put my finger on it

1 Like

Nice try @leahgee2 :face_with_raised_eyebrow::zipper_mouth_face:

Is your Glowforge is gigantic or what? (I had to say it.) Hope to see more miniature furniture in the future!

2 Likes

Pro slot :smile:

3 Likes

What is this, a chair for ants?

2 Likes

Now make the doll house.

1 Like

Love the banana for scale … Great job on the chair!

1 Like

The file name is a quote from Titanic. (possibly a hint? ) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

super work!

1 Like

Never saw the movie. Like I said, I live under a rock.

3 Likes

Well, my first thought was that State Farm insurance commercial… “I’m a French model”… “It must be true if it’s on the internet.”… “Bon-JOUR”

2 Likes

Nice work ! (Is that the banana from Flashdance?) :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Yes at @PlGHEADED, the banana is from Flashdance. If you remember, the title song from the soundtrack was…

…What a Peelin’

Again my apologies.

8 Likes

Oh, my dear lord… :joy:

3 Likes

Now that’s punny, I don’t care who ya are!

3 Likes