I need motivation

Brief aside here to wish @henryhbk and @MikeH a happy cake day!

And on to coffee…I have owned a Jura Impressa machine now for maybe 7-8 years. It is now nearing the 11,000 mark for cups made. I made a point of getting the 10,00th cup for myself. Though an incredibly expensive machine, it’s been worth every penny and has more than paid for itself. I haven’t bought a Starbucks or any other kind of coffee like that in all these years. I can compete at home

1 Like

We have a few doctors in the family and it is indeed quite nice, except when they freak you out by telling you a mole on your face could be cancerous.

5 Likes

BTDT! :neutral_face:

1 Like

Hahaha! yes!
“I have a headache.”
“Could be a tumor.”
“It’s NOT a tumor.”

3 Likes
7 Likes

Haha, yes!
How do you snag that out of a YouTube?

1 Like

I just pasted the URL of the clip into the message. I googled “it’s not a tumor” and the first hit was this clip.

2 Likes

Thanks for the happy cake day wish!

Which model of Jura Impressa did you get - some of them at the high end compete in price with a GF. I’m probably going on 3-4,000 drinks from my Sylivia over the past 3 years and it’s still going strong, though there was a serious problem with scale a year ago.

1 Like

I live a mostly caffeine-free life. Then, when I have a late-night drive or a long drive, a Dr. Pepper is all I need to keep alert.

As to the motivation, thanks everybody, for the ideas. This thread is a great pep talk.

I find that deadlines are great motivators. If you have time, go do something else. Motivation and enthusiasm will return when you aren’t trying to bully your brain.

6 Likes

I have the F7. Think I paid about $750 back then. Have never had a problem (knock on wood) in all these years. The newest F7 is selling for $1,700!..but looks more updated than mine. My dream machine would be the J9. They will give me a discount/trade in on my old machine when and if I buy another one. There are at least two Juras that sell for $5,600! At those kinds of big bucks, it would be embarrassing to buy a coffee anywhere else but home.

Expobar Uficio/Mazzer Mini. Ronnoco (St. Louis Roaster) Cafe Europa. And when anyone I know goes to Rome Tazza d’Oro, miscela bar.

Got a Nespresso at the office.

A day away from home and office in the woods then making sure I get good sleep each night. I usually do one project at a time and keep at it until I am done or at least until it’s serviceable.

4 Likes

Happy Cake Day ! :birthday::birthday::birthday:

4 Likes

Happy Cakeday! You have made the forum a great place to hang out. Thanks for all your contributions. I have no doubt that when you get your Glowforge you will be soon known as LaserMaven from then on.

4 Likes

Thank you so much! I love cake…especially this kind…non-fattening! :grinning:

3 Likes

Thank you, @marmak3261…very kind words, indeed. It’s interesting, in looking back over the past year…seeing all the ‘faces’/avatars of this certain group of people ( which includes you) and feeling like somehow I know them well enough to call them a friend. Nice feeling.

6 Likes

Bummer! I’ve missed wishing cakeday to several folks over the last few days…hope it was a good one for all. :confused:

3 Likes

I feel the same way after a year in the forums… Happy Cake Day!

4 Likes

Thank you, so much!

2 Likes

Now here’s a Romanian cranberry drink I think I will avoid. Yes, It is real.

15 Likes

Yeah…that’s unfortunate. :smile:

4 Likes