I needed a jewelry box, so

I don’t have a jewelry box. My earrings, rings and such end up in little bowls everywhere so I decided to make myself somewhere to keep my jewelry since I have also become more than a little obsessed with making boxes. I used the boxes.py box generator with some modifications in illustrator. I have to say this was so much fun!

47 Likes

This is a very nice solution to jewelry organization. The engraving is nice, and I really like the Star drawer pulls.

2 Likes

So very pretty!

2 Likes

That is a lovely box

1 Like

ok this is just too cute…but also elegant! I LOVE IT!! Makes me wish I had more jewelry now :slight_smile: :smiley:

2 Likes

Beautiful design. Looks wonderful.

3 Likes

I love this! At first, I was expecting drawers with dividers. But these drawers are even better!

Earring organization tip I saw on TV and have used ever since: When you remove your earrings, put the ear wires or posts through the holes of a button. You will never have to search for the match for the one you want to wear. They are always together.

3 Likes

This is a fine looking box.

2 Likes

Great design! Instead of waiting for someone to promise you the sun. moon. and stars, you have made your own!

1 Like

Very nice jewelry box!

2 Likes

Thank you everyone! I have taken so much wisdom and knowledge from this group and been able to apply it to my creations. Thank you! This is the first place I come when I can’t figure something out and I always find an answer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where can you get the overall design? Sorry new to the Glowforge community and this is super cute! Want to make it for a gift to my mother in law. Do you have the template and willing to share? If so happy to share my email slovesj1216@gmail.com

Hello and welcome!

Your best bet for finding actual design files in the forum is going to be the Free Laser Designs section. You can use the advanced search features to limit your searches to that category. I did find a design for a fancier jewelry box with a quick search.

In order to avoid putting people on the spot, our community standards (and the forum rules) are to not ask for design files. If someone wants to share, they will post in the Free Laser Designs section.

There are also a couple of jewelry box designs (one and two) in the Glowforge Catalog. Etsy is another place to find designs.

2 Likes

Nice. I like the drawers and the drawer pulls. So many options for engraving and personalizing.