I think I found a bug... nope just a bee

This was one of my very first prints. I really liked the fact that it was a 3d puzzle I could put together and it was fun to see how it came out.

Printed on draft board.

46 Likes

That is so fun great work.

I cant do that stuff yet still learning.

4 Likes

I am definitely still learning as well. Stick with it.

3 Likes

That’s very well put together. Looks great :slight_smile: How big is the overall piece?

4 Likes

That’s Beeutiful! :honeybee::honeybee::honeybee:

6 Likes

That wood bee a bee-uti-full piece! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Very nice!

Early on I tried that bee myself. But I tried yellow acrylic and found the pieces weren’t snug. I tried to adjust the kerf a little, but I was too new at this to get it right. Of course, acrylic isn’t forgiving at all. I really would like to re-visit this. I have beekeeper friends I’d like to give this to.

7 Likes

Those have a lot of wow … errr buzz factor!

6 Likes

About 6 inches or so.

1 Like

Yes, I got lucky early on that the pattern I had worked well with draft board. I didn’t realize how hard it would have been to adjust the kerf at the time. This worked nicely and was really fun to push into the 3rd dimension with design at such an early point.

Sometimes what we don’t know is a good thing. Kind of like the kid that doesn’t know about gravity and is able to do all kinds of things without falling.

3 Likes

I just printed this myself using chipboard (~1.5mm) - the detail in the wings looks great at that scale. I’ll try to remember to share a pic - I have different parts setting up atm (I use Elmers clear for these kinds of models).

3 Likes

11 Likes

Looks great, mine is 1/8 proof grade draft board. I didn’t use glue, it is friction fit.

1 Like

:heart_eyes: love this!!!

1 Like