I think I found my Glowforge table

Lucky you! I never seem to find anything really useful at yard sales.

2 Likes

I have a new Glowforge desk for the GF in my office! I will have to post pics sometime soon…

14 Likes

You just love to leave us hanging in anticipation. Don’t you? :spy:

3 Likes

My Glowforge is going on my entertainment center right next to my TV. The 3D Printer is going to have to scoot over, hopefully it won’t get jealous.

3 Likes

I donated one of mine to the local Makerspace to make room for the GF :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Here’s a picture:

I will sniff around and see where we got it from.

Note that this is not a Glowforge recommended desk - I just happen to be using it and it’s working nicely so far. No endorsements made or implied. :slight_smile:

26 Likes

With a glass surface you haven’t noticed any movement? :slight_smile:

Here’s the desk link:
https://www.wayfair.com/Olivos-Writing-Desk-LGLY2586-LGLY2586.html

8 Likes

Oh, I like it!! I may just order one.

2 Likes

Looks like the desk only holds up to 88lbs. I don’t think it will work for a GF+filter. Looks great though!!

2 Likes

2000lb capacity, 6 outlet powerbar, around $200 on sale? Be still my heart. :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Are you sure? The web page states 88lb as the product weight, not its total capacity…

2 Likes

Oh, I am not sure then :slight_smile:. Thanks for catching that! Maybe I can get the table after all. I really like the slim look of it (and the storage shelf underneath).

I wonder how we find out total weight capacity? I believe the GF with the filter is over 100lbs.

Thanks @dwardio!!

2 Likes

The GF weighs 55lbs and the air filter 25lbs. - Rich

5 Likes

I’m thinking this - like the storage (and you can get drawers or doors as well.

I think around $150

8 Likes

I bought the larger Autonomous Smart desk about a month or so ago, and it’s working out great! The GF is big, and fits nicely on it with some room to the side for me to work still, and I love having a standing desk that I can adjust as needed. Also finally dialed in my venting setup for the window today and I think it’s going to work out pretty well. Not sure if I can post a pic of things, but I would if I could just to share. :grinning:

Here’s a link to the thread I have covering it: Autonomous SmartDesk

5 Likes

Now that the time is drawing closer to getting the Glowforge (closer than a year ago), I thought it might be time to look for a table myself. Though I can’t justify spending the money on it (even with the free shipping), I can’t stop thinking about this table:

(Found at Overstock)

And since I’m getting the Pro, I love how the table is on casters. And with the two horizontal side beams, a shelf or 2x2 cube could be added to increase storage capacity.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40275813/#/60275812

I love the idea of Dan’s table, but I’ve had a bad experience with glass tables in the workshop.

But in the end, I’ll probably end up with @Mike13 design’s or something along the lines of @chadmart1076!

12 Likes

It’s working quite well!

2 Likes

The only issue I see with mine is that it’s only about 5’ long. Since you have to lift the GF off of the filter to change the media, that could be a pain and I don’t have other space to place it during filter changes. So that 2nd shelf will have to be a temp holding space for during filter changes.

2 Likes

:astonished: Filter changing?! Shoot…forgot about having to do that. Too bad that wasn’t side loaded!

Edit: Just found @Mike13 mention two weeks ago about slide out filter media changing :slight_smile: Search is great on here!

4 Likes