I thought the Jetsons were cool

If you had told me as a kid that I would have my own, personal laser beam that could cut rocket parts that I imagined in my head and build something that actually flies - I would have thought that the Jetsons lacked imagination…

This is a model rocket that I am working on that uses a 3 motor cluster to fly. Drawn in Inkscape and cut from 1/8th plywood. The completed rocket will be a bit over 30" tall.

34 Likes

First actual model rocket I remember seeing here. Good work.

If you have not already discovered it, dollar tree foam board works great for a lot of parts. I cut a lot of it for rc aircraft.

6 Likes

Share the flight video please.

7 Likes

Yes please post a video of the flight.

3 Likes

Nice! Cant wait to see that fly!

3 Likes

I loved building Estes rockets as a kid. Love that you designed and built your own. Let us know how the launch goes!

2 Likes

It will be a while - no rocket flying for all of 2020 due to the “no gatherings” rules. Hoping things improve next year.

1 Like

Nice work! A friend of mine makes square tube rocket kits. I’ve done some work for him in design, graphics, and a few fins/accessories. Last time he was down, we designed and made parts for 6 triangle tubes, including the tubes, in about an hour. It was one of the funnest and fast paced laser sessions I’ve had. I don’t think he has flown the triangles yet.

2 Likes