I will come bearing Gifts

Oh wow, that engraving is amazing!! Glad to see the stand worked out!

4 Likes

Very well! Thank you.
I had a lot of fun pushing the envelope on this material to see what it can take. 9 tests to find the sweet spot.

1 Like

Is that ‘vellum’ as in a paper product, or ‘vellum’ as in thin calf skin ?
John

2 Likes

This remind me of “beware of geeks bearing GIFs.”

4 Likes

A 4 ply white faced ‘poster board’, paper.

1 Like

That Heeeerrrresss Johnny! face always wierds me out a tiny bit when reading your comments :japanese_ogre:

2 Likes

Hahaha, I’ve grown fond of it. I replied to help from Jules with a kiss and a heart emoji, and it was pointed out how creepy that looked with my avitar…

4 Likes

I thought it was actually you until I saw it somewhere else on web and realised it was Jack. I haven’t seen the film.

5 Likes

It was a little scary. :wink:

3 Likes

Well worth the time, it is a great film

4 Likes

Beautiful job!!! Where do you purchase your bases from? I was looking at Aliexpress, but you need to buy like 50+, so unless several peeps went in, I don’t think I could use that many!!:dizzy_face:

Happy Labor Day to all - Be safe

3 Likes

I bought a couple of those bases, but didn’t go the large quantity route…and bought mine at Amazon;

…and mine don’t have a remote. I bought some other battery operated ones at Aliexpress, but they aren’t as cool…

1 Like

Hey Steph…I tried your stand design out, too. Just made it out of BB as a test. Because I didn’t use PG material, I had to tweak the notches, but it sure looks great. Looking forward to making one out of nicer wood. Thank you, again!

Same ones I bought. Got one and liked it so much I bought a dozen.

Great projects! Do you mind sharing your settings for the vellum etch? Yours turned our spot on!

1 Like

1000/30/340. At the time the setting was Floyd - Steinberg, I think the crossover now would be ‘grayscale / dots’.
This is a prerelease unit, so YMMV.
As with any material, test to dial it in. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks so much!!

1 Like