I Yoga

While our daughter was doing her yoga stretches her nearly two year old twins decided to join in. One of them said “I Yoga”. Well this pepere just had to make a tile and an “I YOGA” frame . I included the original pic, the grey scale, and they enhanced grey scale for those who might want to see them. I just loaded it into the machine as a png scaled it to the 6x6 LaserTile and ran it.

41 Likes

That’s fantastic! Perfect frame for the pic. :smile:

2 Likes

Too cute or should it be two cute?

5 Likes

Wonderful memory and execution!

3 Likes

Since I’m not asking for settings, may I ask is this just a regular white tile spray painted black and then etched? The tile looks incredible!

1 Like

So cute! Nice job!

1 Like

That’s adorable!

I had two Peperes growing up. Quebecois!

1 Like

It’s a laser tile – you used to be able to order them, but I never did because the source sounded pretty unreliable. I’m always envious of how they look, though!

2 Likes

You can still order LaserTiles.

The source is not unreliable at all, but just slower than molasses getting orders shipped in a timely manner. They’re located in Portland (Oregon)…about an hour away from where I live. They are also not good about communicating when you order, other than the initial email order confirmation. So, if one can live with all that, they are amazing tiles. I still have a rather large stockpile of them and am just going to begin using some of them again.

6 Likes

No these are specially coated tiles from lasertile.com. They are pricey and the shipping is very slow but they are great to engrave photos on. The setting I use on the tiles are full power, 700 speed, 225 lines per inch. I bring the jpg into the GF scale it set the focus and go for it.

2 Likes

Good to know! I just remember a lot of “I haven’t gotten my order and they aren’t answering my emails” sorts of posts, so I resisted the temptation. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I got some too…they are abysmally slow, but the product is worth it. Really beautiful black results. (I’d place a large enough order that you won’t need to reorder for a while and go for it.) :grinning:

5 Likes

Just a question has anyone tested for durability? We use above ground crypts (think New Orleans) for graves here and they would be wonderful plaques…

3 Likes

Very permanent as far as I can tell. (It’s only been a year, but you can’t scrub it off. Should be fine for outdoor use.)

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ve lost a few friends and their Parents. When I finally can get back to forging I wanted to do something.

Worth a try anyway!

3 Likes

I suggest visiting their website…maybe there’s more info. about durability there. Lasering these does not remove the glaze…it’s a specialized photo coating thing…more aptly described on their website.

Reminder of the non-PG settings rule. I love having settings in posts, so my vote is to move the thread to Beyond the Manual, but I’ll let you decide. :slight_smile:

EDIT: I’m going to go ahead and move it for now. If you want to handle it differently, it can always be moved back. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just an adorable project! The engraving looks amazing and I love the frame.

3 Likes

An adorable photo … Looks great on the tile!

2 Likes