Icosahedron Lamp

Spent a while working on this lamp. Made from Plyboard and Acrylic. It took a long time to engrave it all, but worth it. I’m working on a truncated Icosahedron lamp now.

64 Likes

Stunning!

5 Likes

The base is awesome too. Very cool.

4 Likes

Incredible!

4 Likes

Love the metallic/jewel look.

6 Likes

Mesmerizing! I could seriously stare at that all day!

4 Likes

No detail was over-looked. Looks amazing.

4 Likes

That’s gorgeous!

3 Likes

The patterns of light on your walls that are in focus look awesome. :grin:

4 Likes

Beautiful! Great light effects!

1 Like

A little MJ and that light and you got a party :rofl:

3 Likes

Sweet lamp! Very chic! Nice jo band execution!

2 Likes

All I can say is WOW!

I feel like my head explodes multiple times a week when viewing this forum and seeing some of the incredible project posts. That is an outstanding project!!!

1 Like

Now that is truly a magical lamp :exploding_head:

1 Like

I am really curious how you did the LEDs to get both the range of colors (mounted at surface) and sharp projection (point source in center).

I understand if you’re not willing to disclose.

Ohmygosh, the colors are amazing!

2 Likes

I’m happy to share. It all depends on the bulbs. Clear incandescent bulbs will cast the colors, which you can see in a couple of the shots. The other bulb is a color changing led bulb. The colors look awesome as they change, but they don’t cast very well.

1 Like

Ah, from the pics, I thought every opening had its own LED or something.

So colored acrylic and clear lights for the “surround” but the center is open and projects from the LED in the middle of the whole thing? The layout inside must be as complex as the design on the surface! Nice work!

1 Like

Exactly. There are two layers of plyboard. The inside has the colored acrylic, so I glued the two layers of ply together and then glued in the acrylic pieces. Very time consuming, but I think it was worth it.

3 Likes