Icosahedron three ways

Geeetings, we are Viginti, Eikosi and Bees.

I got a new pile of Baltic birch plywood, and it’s not quite the same thickness as my previous. Of course with creatures I go for a firm friction fit so 0.005” thickness variation matters. There’s nothing for it Mr. Frodo, you just gotta scale things and test it out.

So of course I decided to make three variations of icosahedrons to test it… as one does.

The fun part of this little experiment is that I made all the slots identically placed. This means you can mix and match parts to get some sort of mutant hybrid icosahedron. I call him “Frank”.

Good times.

33 Likes

Amazing! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

So Creative!

2 Likes

Wow. Mutant icosahedrons. My brain hurts.

6 Likes

Those are all cool. My favorite is the middle one with the circles. You’ve motivated me to finish a couple new shapes sitting on my desk. I’ve been away on vacation for a week, but this is inspiring! Super creative.

5 Likes

Mad glowscience!

5 Likes

Cool!
Those thousands of tokens I did left stacks of sheet carcasses populated with four-pointed stars between the cut outs. I kept them for nearly a year trying to come up with some creative use for them.
I played with piles of the stars several times but ended up giving the stack of sheets to my neighbor for fire pit kindling.

I’m thinking you would have succeeded in making good use of them.

6 Likes

These are all pretty cool. Incredible work!

3 Likes

Ishirini reporting for duty!

Guess the title of this thread is incorrect now, as this is 4 of 5. Again, interchangeable.

7 Likes

Now all you need is the rest of the machine that uses the object as a central gear operation. :crazy_face: