Icosahedron

Thanks for the share! Here’s my make, nothing exciting but it was fun to make.

I whipped up a little brother too.

Now I just need a huge dice tower to roll them down! Lol!

20 Likes

Ooh, those are lovely! It really doesn’t take much to dress them up. :slight_smile: And I’m totally stealing your colored outline idea!

2 Likes

Any chance you could share the dodecahedron? I have a project that I’ve been waiting on for exactly just this. /begs

Hi, really like these. I don’t seem to be able to see any file links to any of your posts?

The first post has the file. It’s the pattern looking picture. Try a right-click -> save as.

1 Like

It’s actually against forum guidelines to request files, but as it happens I’ve already posted one, so you’re in luck. :wink: See Polyhedra Starter Kit. It will be larger than the one in the photos, but you can adjust the size to what you want; just keep the connector holes same size and distance from the edge, and you’re all set.

5 Likes

I never saw that post! Awesome work!

1 Like

Oh really is it lol. Thanks anyway il try and upload it tomorrow. Really like the design :+1:

1 Like

hi, just realised its an image file. Thank you very much. :slightly_smiling_face:

Got around to making my own… thanks for the files…still have to figure how to get that last piece connected the right way. I used puduk, oak and zebra wood. Yah geometrics

14 Likes

Yeah, the last one can be challenging! It helps to round off the ends of the connectors a little, and you can also use a hobby knife to take the edges off the holes on the back of the last piece, to help things slide into place a little easier.

4 Likes

Ok here’s my little version. There are 20 sides and I have (or will have by this summer) 19 grandkids. So one for each name and a spot for Grandma and Papa. I put them in random order facing all directions, so they can have fun finding their name.

13 Likes

Love this idea and execution. 19 grandkids…so many blessings!

Worked out perfectly.

Ok, now I gotta make one with a different restaurant on each side…for those “What do you want to eat? …It doesn’t matter” days…

10 Likes

I really need one of these for lunch at the office some days :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Really Love this. I need to try it!

1 Like

Hi! I showed off your design on my YouTube page!
Here is a link to the direct video:

6 Likes

This is what Gorilla Tape was made for :stuck_out_tongue:
It’s fun and relaxing for a while, then the peeling gets old.

3 Likes

Haha I agree :point_up: I need to invest into some. :tada::sweat_smile: