Icosahedron

Worked out perfectly.

Ok, now I gotta make one with a different restaurant on each side…for those “What do you want to eat? …It doesn’t matter” days…

10 Likes

I really need one of these for lunch at the office some days :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Really Love this. I need to try it!

1 Like

Hi! I showed off your design on my YouTube page!
Here is a link to the direct video:

6 Likes

This is what Gorilla Tape was made for :stuck_out_tongue:
It’s fun and relaxing for a while, then the peeling gets old.

3 Likes

Haha I agree :point_up: I need to invest into some. :tada::sweat_smile:

What thickness wood do you use for this? It is awesome! I have 1/4" will that work?? Thanks

“PG medium draftboard” means 1/8" so this pattern would be unlikely to work without major modifications. If you’re up for trying to redesign it, we’d love to see what you can do!

LOL. I’m not up to that standard yet!! LOL. But thanks for the info!

1 Like

If that’s where your interest lays, I have no doubt you will get there eventually :smiley: If not, pick up some 1/8" and have fun!

Oh what fun. Thanks for the file.

10 Likes

Thanks for this! I used 5.6 mm Double sided Cherry with a MDF core to make mine! I scaled the whole thing for it to work!

I also edited it into a Box.
I am going to make another one that I will be changing the pins on so I can make the inside of the box lined so you don’t see the connectors!

Hope you like it!

9 Likes

Very nice, indeed.

Thanks very much for the pattern! I am fascinated by the designs and structures, but math challenged past the number 20…

I’m a bit confused about the assembly of the last one or two triangles. Do you make the last tabs fit easily into the slots so it can just slip on, then glue them in place? or is there some magic gesture to make over it?

1 Like

Haha! No magic gestures. Lots of wiggling and holding your mouth just right!

I’m the same, I would love it if I could understand how to calculate the size and angles of the little brackets needed for the assembly of some of these.

1 Like

Rather than computing them it’s much easier to use online information or generators which will spoon feed those numbers (the angles between faces).

A CAD program like Fusion360 can help with tricky bits for doing fancier things, still building on those fundamental angles and accounting for material thickness.

I created that little guy in F360 without doing any of my own math.

9 Likes

Did you make any design adjustments to strengthen the sides or the lid? I would worry about it being too fragile without the remaining attachments and faces.

1 Like

Great job! I am in awe of your ability to put that together.

2 Likes