If this was in the catalog I would print one.....(ideas or maybe its already there?)

Thought it would be fun to have a thread for what are things you would love to see in the catalog?

Could be an idea trove for our more motivated designer friends, or a way to point out things people are looking for that actually already exist.

In any case it will be fun to see what comes up. Have fun!

11 Likes

Back Scratcher! :joy:

Every time I grab the stick on my desk and scratch my back, I think. I should design a back scratcher and make it. Then I put my stick back in the pen holder and forget about it.

15 Likes

Be the change you want to see in the world :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Good idea

4 Likes

LOL NGL, @wenning08 you were one person I thought of that might take an idea and RUN! :innocent:

7 Likes

I have one made of bent bamboo, but it is longer than will fit in the glowforge. You could make a shorter one from many layers of plywood but I doubt it would be strong enough for what I put mine to.

Perhaps engrave a goldfish on it?

5 Likes

So funny, I’ve halfway brainstormed a design a couple of times but never actually committed the time to flesh one out. It’s an interesting challenge due to the constraints (GF bed size, strength of material, foldability, etc.).

7 Likes

I actually made one. I sold it when I was in the shop downtown. I really should make me one for here at the house. We have one upstairs, I need one downstairs. Never thought about submitting it to the catalog. I just have a Basic, so it’ll fit too.

15 Likes

lol looks like there is a market for it.

5 Likes

What other ideas have people thought about but not gotten around to?

5 Likes

I tend to look in the catalog and the Free Laser Designs category first - so technically every practical design I’ve made I’d have preferred to find in the catalog…the issue always being sometimes there’s something closer but not exact.

Angled pen storage
Shelving
Drawer knife block
Caulking guides
Light switch covers
Remote control storage
Plant pot covers
… there’s probably more :slight_smile:

I should submit some of my designs!

16 Likes

A real credit card I can print and use.

9 Likes

I’ll have to go through the process to be able to submit designs. Maybe I will start with this one - unless someone beats me to it! Here’s what mine looked like.

@deirdrebeth - yes, you should submit your designs!

9 Likes

I mean not quite what I think you’re thinking, but it can be done. :grin:

6 Likes

If you started it you got it unless someone comes up with a different comcept. But tell your husband it has to be rigourously tested scratching really hard for at least several hours to make sure it will hold up.
:wink:

5 Likes

Good to know about being first with a concept. If my husband won’t use it, I can always use it to scratch our new pup’s back - she never seems to get enough petting!

6 Likes

Designer application submitted. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Can I ask how? I went digging in old posts and didn’t find anything.

5 Likes

After everything is set correctly there is a “submit for catalog” in the three dot pulldown, that is its own rabbit hole.

6 Likes

I believe I found it under “Support.” Here’s a screenshot:

9 Likes