Ikea Cork Trivet

Ikea cork trivet to add to gift items for couples bridal shower. Used settings noted by someone previously … 1000 / 30 / 125 LPI / No masking.

Think I should have put a design in the center rather than more circles … but … there is always next time.

39 Likes

I like it, the circles in the middle look good to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep! I think it looks good like that too. :grinning:

3 Likes

Used one myself as one of the first projects. Surprise for my wife which she loved!

22 Likes

That one looks fantastic. I bet she is so proud of it. :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you much. She had no idea i was doing it so it was quite a nice surprise :smiley:

2 Likes

It came out great! Nice contrast. I bought a bunch of those and still haven’t done anything with them.

1 Like

This is totally awesome!

My son-in-law and daughter have turned a room into a Harry Potter themed game /tv room. Headed their way to see it next week. Maybe I’ll make something HP for them … even though they wouldn’t need this for their game room … they’d still enjoy it in their kitchen.

4 Likes

Great idea and love how they turned out!

I got the polyester felt from Target and finally made a set of coasters. 3D printed a coaster caddy. The felt and the cork work well together. Unfortunately it’s one coaster to one square of felt, but leftover felt is easy to repurpose.

2 Likes

Oooh! I love this idea! Ikea cork trivets are great…although I have to admit I did this unintentionally to one a couple of months back. I was getting ready to make a batch of soap in my basement. I put my double-boiler on the hotplate and didn’t realize the cork trivet was stuck to the bottom of it. A few minutes later I was frantically looking for the source of that “burning smell” and found the trivet teetering between “charred mess” and “epic conflagration”. Yours is much prettier!

3 Likes

Yikes! Sorry to hear about your incident! Intentional is definitely more fun!

You’re project turned out nicely! Good job. I’m getting ready to try and was wondering do I need to change the settings for #of passes and focus height?

Thank you.

1 Like

Unless otherwise specified, no.

1 Like

If you don’t mind me asking, what did you seal it with? Are you just using for decoration only? I’m making one for my husband’s Big Green Egg and was hoping there was something I could use to seal it for heat/water. (Thanks in advance)

5 Likes

I didn’t seal mine, and haven’t seen the couple due to the pandemic.

2 Likes

I realize this post is a few years old but I love this idea. Never been to an IKEA—-Knoxville does not have one.

2 Likes

My husband wishes they didn’t have one here! It takes forever to walk through. So, you don’t want to go home and think about a selection then have to go back.

Although, I have placed an online order for pickup of furniture items; that really simplified things.

They do have a nice selection of things you didn’t know you needed. :slight_smile: I walk very quickly through those areas.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Agreed

1 Like