IKEA for laser gift supplies

For all you folks with a similar love/hate relationship with IKEA.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

That was a hoot! (Out of likes.) :grin:

2 Likes

And when you’re at IKEA, you can get a PÅHL desk - it’s just about the perfect size for your Glowforge! (well, very very slight overhang of 1/4-inch)

8 Likes

LOL :laughing:

Great idea! I was just there yesterday and walked right by that section.

My son works for IKEA and loved this cartoon…

28 Likes

That can’t be right. The guy is talking.

5 Likes

Best IKEA thing ever

15 Likes

LOL :smile:

This is fantastic

ROTFL :joy:
Funny didn’t see that Catapult at the Ikea last time I went.
I’m sure they would sell well though… Even if they only sold a miniature version.

Who Doesn’t want a Catapult!!!

P.S. - Ikea does offer professional installation. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Is the acrylic from IKEA?

No, the pictured acrylic was from Inventables.

If you’re on the west coast, Tap Plastic is another great resource for acrylic.

3 Likes

oh bummer! They aren’t in the KC area. Wonder if there is a place that will sell scraps cheap around me? Sounds like a great find!!

Looks like you might have a few possibilites in KC. This looks promising :slight_smile:

Somehow I didn’t get a notice on your reply @kittski and just saw this. I will check with regal plastic. Thank you!

1 Like

How did all the cork do in the laser? Do you have pictures from your completed project with any of these items? Thank you in advance!

I think that’s one of the few things I didn’t do anything with. I have engraved cork before, and it’s either black or nothing as far as I can tell, but haven’t had a real use for it as of yet

1 Like

my mom said for Christmas that she wanted acrylic coasters with a cork base. suggestions? what about this … and how would you adhere the acrylic to the cork

thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 29 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.