IKEA Glowforge Table Hack w/ Drilling Template and Leg Clamps

Love it - you could market these!

6 Likes

I am going to ikea tomorrow to get the parts for this table. so glad i came across this post

2 Likes

This is freaking awesome :heart:

1 Like

I’m glad that others are finding this useful! I’d love to see a photo of the table if anyone else builds one using my files!

4 Likes

Can anyone tell me the name of this table?

Links here: Yet another ikea hack

The tabletops are LINMONN and the feet are CAPITA. Both from IKEA.

1 Like

What size is the table top?

1 Like

Never mind. I got it!

1 Like

I know you found it, but I’m going to reply here so that the dimensions show up for others that are wondering.

This tabletop is 39 3/8" x 23 5/8 "

3 Likes

Thanks so much for this design. A cheap way to have a table exactly as I wanted it. And it feels good to build yourself. Only after I put it together and loaded up my material did I know how much material I had. My husband gave me the eye. oopsie. So off to cutting I go to justify it. Ha.

12 Likes

Table looks awesome. Thanks for the photo!

1 Like

Thank you for this!!! Ordering the pieces now!

1 Like

Glad it was helpful to others!

I’ve even had a few people commission me to cut the acrylic pieces and ship it to them so they can build the table before their Glowforge arrives!

4 Likes

I need to make this. I don’t have a great way to store my material. I have stacks of it everywhere!

2 Likes

If I didn’t already have my glow forge I would for sure be asking you! Originally it was sitting on a wooden table I had built but this looks so much cleaner!

2 Likes

Hi! Thank you for this. I can’t wait to get my GlowForge (next week!?) and get started on this. I’d like to share my IKEA hack-hack. I went to pre-order the tabletop and legs from my “local” (1.5 hours away) IKEA for pickup. I got a message that they “had limited stock” and could not fulfill the order. (It also showed a delivery fee of $129, and 3 week lead time. More than the cost of the order itself.) So I worked my way down to 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 table tops to see if they had any. They did not, but what I noticed was that the delivery charge went down significantly on fewer table tops. And somehow, so did the delivery date! So I ended up putting in two orders of 3 tabletops and half of the legs each. The delivery charge was $20 on each order, so it ended up being under 1/3 of the delivery charge, and it comes in a week sooner. Win!!

2 Likes

Hopefully you’ll have better luck than I did. I originally had the entire order setup online for delivery ($40 delivery charge) and it was a month away for the delivery date, but it was early pandemic and the IKEA stores were closed so I was fine with that. The delivery date came and went with no contact from IKEA.

So we tried calling and couldn’t get an answer either.

Eventually went to the store when they finally opened and they refunded it as they couldn’t explain it either and didn’t have the legs in stock.

Went back a few days later when they showed in stock online and picked everything up at the store finally about 6 weeks after placing the online order.

This table system is great. If I didn’t already have a nicely welded table with wheels, I would be all over this.

But I wanted to share the Ikea shelving hack I put together.
I bought one of the Hyllis shelving units, along with an extra package of shelves. Adding the extra shelves is not too much work, just requiring drilling new pilot holes. They whole system is very cost effective.

They are metal so I was also able to make little snap-on labels using some magnets.

3 Likes

I’ll add to the conversation on this one with a hardy thanks. I was looking to build something when I ran across @databoydesign 's work here. I ordered the stuff and it sat for a month before I got around to building it out. The storage come in handy for Laser food that’s for sure!!

Thanks again!! Mike

11 Likes