Ikea hack table performance?

Now that I’ve been able to use my machine for a while, I thought I should get a better table setup than the 8’ folding table it’s on. I’ve seen a lot of you have done the paper shelf Ikea hack for your set-ups and am considering it myself. How have they held up? Have they stayed together, level, held up to the vibrations,etc?

2 Likes

Since you have something that currently works, keep an eye on your local goodwill store. I scored a very sturdy Bassett desk for under thirty dollars. (It was one of those “can’t turn down” deals!):sunglasses:

3 Likes

FWIW, I have had zero problems with mine. I’m quite happy. The only complaint is that I pretty much filled it up despite having all of that shelf space. Although I guess if I were looking for something to nit-pick, getting the bottom piece off of a stack can be slightly annoying, but I’ve got a rolling shop stool I can slide things onto, sort them out, and put them back and I’m become fairly adept at it.

1 Like

Not the paper shelf hack, but I’m using one of the Alex drawer units with a linnmon table top secured to the top.

I’ll admit that it looks a bit wonky (table top is bigger than the drawer unit), but it serves my needs well. It’s sturdy enough to hold my GF, can be moved around easily, and holds a ton of supplies. I was wary of whether or not it would be strong enough for all of that, until my dad got up on the table top and jumped around.

3 Likes