"I'll watch for us at the clear crossing"

“I’ll watch for us at the clear crossing” is my latest sculpture made from laser cut Dura-lar, wire, tar, and a motor. It sums up my general feelings of distress and anxiety coupled with the loss of my father several months back. I imagine it to be both sad and hopeful.

You can check out other pieces on my website
www.caseycurran.com

36 Likes

That’s really impressive. It’s a bit tough to tell scale, what’s the overall size?

Also, what does it sound like without a soundtrack?

3 Likes

It’s human size, and the motor is not as quiet as I’d like. The sound is a constant buzz or drone, not awful but not beautiful.

2 Likes

It’s a great piece, really well done.

3 Likes

Very impressive!

2 Likes

My condolences for the loss of your father.

Thank you for sharing this work. It is hauntingly beautiful.

3 Likes

That… makes me very uneasy. I think it’s working.

5 Likes

So sorry to hear about your father. I have not ever seen someone create something like that. Glad you are able to express through your art. Beautiful.

3 Likes
5 Likes

I was not expecting it to be as large as it is in the end, nor was I expecting it to be what it was. Beautiful, I hope that this project helped bring you some peace.

I lost my mom 2 years ago (ugh time flies) and there’s been a couple of projects that I’ve planned but can’t bring myself to do. Seriously, incredible work, thanks for sharing both a little part of your life, and your talents with the rest of us.

3 Likes

Holy shamoleans, that’s incredible. Thank you for sharing such a personal piece.
Condolences on the loss of your father.

2 Likes

“Claymation pubic hair”:joy::joy::joy:

It’s been really hard making work since covid. This piece was planed out before his passing so in that respect it was more making than thinking about what to make. A little easier to do when you can’t settle on a project

Also thank you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That’s beautiful and sad at the same time. My condolences on the loss of your father.

3 Likes

I also really like the mask on your website. Great art!

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

Very impressive work! My deepest sympathy on losing your father.

2 Likes

My condolences on your loss.

Glad to see you back with new work! It’s interesting to discover the piece from the smaller components up to the whole view. I wasn’t expecting it.

2 Likes