Illustrator artboard rotation question

I keep inadvertently rotating the illustrator art board, and have to click
to get it back to normal. Is there a way to lock this?

Also I became addicted to the table saw feature in the rjgraffix plugin, and since there are update issues with this plugin I am wondering if there is another way to slice through multiple lines at once without the table saw? (until he can do the update)

Thank you so much!!!

1 Like

https://www.google.com/search?q=lock+artboard+rotation+illustrator

I found this?

1 Like

Awesome!!! Thank you!!! I never used rotate anyhow, this was driving me batty.

2 Likes

Hah and I don’t even use illustrator or a Mac! Google, man.

4 Likes

It is all about asking the correct question to google. :slight_smile:
It doesn’t always understand my rambling…

2 Likes

For kicks I tried searching google for your exact words: “inadvertently rotating the illustrator art board”

The correct answer was the third result. Google is astounding sometimes.

5 Likes

If you’re cutting off protruding ends use Shape Builder.
If you want to keep all the parts use Outline in the Pathfinder palette, you’ll have the restroke and ungroup the result.
For either of those draw a line that would be your table saw cut first.

2 Likes

That rotate thing was making me nuts, too!! LOL
I just turned it off. Thanks for mentioning it. I hadn’t bothered to check it out. :smiley:

2 Likes

Is the Table Saw tool issue mac-specific? I’m using the 2021 plugin in CS 22 (PC) - I get a warning at launch, but it still works perfectly for me.

I understand the developer is waiting on one of the supporting code libraries to be updated for 2022 – one downside of depending on open source libraries.

1 Like

good question, it stopped working for me when I reluctantly updated my mac software version.

1 Like

That’s good to know! I don’t use it very often anymore (the need for it dropped with the bigger laser), but I found myself needing it the other day.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.