Illustrator student pricing

Just wanted to share what Adobe is charging per month for illustrator/InDesign/Photoshop CC per month for student rate…$19&change plus tax = $21.19 I think. One guy in class said it was over $50 a month until he got student pricing. The follow-up class to this, if I take another, is specifically Illustrator.

BTW: local tech-art school charges no tuition for seniors 65 and older. You might check around your geographic areas to see if seniors get any such breaks on tuition/fees. My class costs so far have been for a $72 book.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t it be cool if you could get the student rate for taking online courses? I think that you need to have an accredited school’s email address to qualify, but I could be crazy.

1 Like

I thought it was just an *.edu address?

1 Like

Just keep in mind that the student terms usually restrict commercial usage; i.e. you can’t use the software for commercial purposes. I’m not sure if that’s the case with Adobe, but I probably should check, since my wife would be eligible for academic pricing.

2 Likes

I know Adobe used to require a copy of a student or employee ID from an accredited school; back when my wife used one of their packages for development of online training courses, she had to go through some sort of validation process with them. However, that was probably 10 years ago now.

Most software companies that I’ve seen only require the .edu email address these days, since further validation usually requires effort that isn’t financially viable for them.

5 Likes

I got my adobe student license a year ago with just my school email address. But the price goes up after the first year. I can’t remember if it was up to regular pricing, but the student pricing I had for the first year wasn’t what I had to pay the second year.

I just double checked. I paid $19.99/month or $239.88/year for the first year, then it goes up after that.

From adobe website:
"Eligible students 13 and older and teachers can purchase an Adobe Creative Cloud Complete subscription for the reduced price of $239.88/year ($19.99/month) (plus applicable taxes/VAT/GST) for the first year from the Adobe Store or by calling a regional Adobe Call Center. Limit: 1 per customer. 12-mo commitment required. At the end of your offer term, your subscription will be automatically billed at the then standard subscription rate, currently at US$359.99/year (US$29.99/mo) (plus applicable taxes/VAT/GST) unless you elect to change or cancel your subscription. "

2 Likes

If all one needs/wants is Illustrator CC, the regular everyday price for a single CC app is $20.99/mo, including:

• Your choice of one creative app like Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, or Adobe XD CC
  • Includes 100GB of cloud storage, your own portfolio website, premium fonts, and social media tools

No restrictions for commercial use.

3 Likes

Or… Get a graphic design job where they pay a subscription for you :wink:

I think that’s one of the things I miss about TechShop, they had computers for use with the full Autodesk and Adobe suites on them. Maybe nearby libraries or makerspaces have available copies to use?

The good thing to note about the subscriptions is that it allows for you to use two active copies - so if you have a really close friend, you can log in on their computer… and then “conveniently” forget to log out…

2 Likes

This is why I’m still on my Creative Suite 3 boxed software - AI, PS, etc. I can do enough damage with that. :wink:

4 Likes

That what I have at home, too.

2 Likes