I'm losing my mind

But that shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone! Ha!
I posted pictures of the Christmas gifts I made on social media and had a huge amount of interest in making promotional items for a company.

My problem is that I used a premade file and I can’t recall where I found it. I’ve been doing searches in the forums, looking online, and I can’t seem to find its place of origin. I just want to make sure that it is okay to sell said design. I did make alterations to the size and added graphics but I don’t know if that’s enough to call it “my own”.

If you or anyone you know have information on this file please reply. The last thing I want to do is rip off another glowforger! Thank you guys in advance! I’ll probably delete this once I have an answer so it isn’t taking up room in the posts.

11 Likes

Hmm the concept is simple and widespread, why not redesign it in a way that makes it yours?

Change it to a hexagonal box, alter the way the tabs work, change the living hinge pattern. Alter the base so that it has decorative “feet” (by varying the overall shape).

In short, I don’t think “a living hinge cornered box design with a hole in the top” is something that any one person is going to be able to make a claim to. Use this as inspiration to make it even better, and you’re in the clear.

5 Likes

pencilcup.pdf (293.1 KB)

1 Like

That’s the one! But do you know where it’s from or did you design it? I do still have the file, I just wanted to know if it was okay to engrave and sell my finished product.

1 Like

That may not be the source I used originally but I will download and modify that file to make it my own and be safe. Thank you! Unless anyone sees a reason not to, I’ll close this thread.

1 Like

If you know a way to do this I’ll be quite interested.

2 Likes

lol… try to patent that shape … good luck! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.