I'm stoked!

Thank you!
From the picture of yours it looked like the cutting board area lifted out. I was mistaken. It will make a fine addition to the kitchen!

@rbtdanforth, thank you!

2 Likes

I would prefer 2 hanging baskets sided by side rather than one. but minor point

1 Like

Such a wonderful practical cut, and so important to keep challenging ourselves to learn and achieve new design applications.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same, but also thinking piece to place over the hole that is there.

2 Likes

I knowā€¦I thought the same thing, but actually itā€™s the best the way it is. Are you buying the natural colored one?

1 Like

Thereā€™s a small stainless container under the hole to drop scraps/trimmings, etc. Thereā€™s also a steel ring you can put a garbage bad on and suspend under that hole, too.

Thatā€™s one of the reasons I made the box in this postā€¦to keep certain things more contained.

I wanted it to be a surprise birthday gift, and Iā€™m going to have to covertly figure out what she would like best. Browsing around Cosco there I see one slightly smaller with stainless legs and shelves below. Over time we have replaced all of the appliances with stainless, so that may be the safest bet.
Yours is 40" long and the stainless one is 30" (same price :unamused:), the smaller one would probably fit the kitchen area better.
The drawers and cabinets are full, so the extra storage area would be a bonus! I had offered to build a small island, but she didnā€™t want that. The mobile cart is a happy medium!
Thanks for your help!

The end-grain wood surface is Rubber wood, anyone know that wood in terms of durability?

3 Likes

Iā€™ve seen RV kitchens bigger than mine, so even though my cart takes up a lot of floor space, the trade off is that I have more counter and more storage space. Nice giftā€¦Iā€™m sure she will love whatever you choose.

2 Likes