Image editing guru help?

I’ve got an image of a note that I’m trying to clean up enough to be able to engrave it. I’m hoping there is a photoshop wizard here who wants a challenge.

There are two files in the zip. There is the original photo of the note and my attempt at cleaning it up. I just can’t get the background of the post-it note clean enough to not engrave the whole post-it.

I’d appreciate any help I can get.

Note Cleanup.zip (3.8 MB)

4 Likes

Would do better in a black ink on white paper as pencil leaves a lot of scrapes but this should do better

note

5 Likes

Gimp has a great masking tool that seeks out edges and aligns the mask to them pretty well.

3 Likes

That looks great.

Its the last note my Dad left for my Mom before he got sick. I want so make something perminent becuase the post-it won’t last forever.

Thank you very much for the cleanup help.

7 Likes

That’s a beautiful token of love. I have notes still on paper stuck to things like the bandsaw from my Dad before he passed. Great idea.

4 Likes

I thought it was from you for your wife, but that makes it more special and why you can’t go back and do it in ink on white.:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Untitled-1.ai (1.6 MB)

6 Likes

Thank you all very much for the help and kind words. I appreciate this community more and more every day.

3 Likes

Thanks again for the help everyone. I think it turned out great and I think my Mom is going to love it. I’m not happy with the base I bought on Amazon, so I think I’m going to try my own. I have some red LED strips laying around here somewhere.

13 Likes

The best things can’t be measured with money, that’s for sure.

2 Likes

What a fantastic gift. (Be prepared for tears, we do that.) :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This is really beautiful. Wow.

2 Likes