Important covid story. Don't click here if you're not feeling strong today

EDIT: A year later, boy was I on target. Bunch of fools didn’t hear what I was saying and now look at us, hundreds of thousands dead.

Original post:

This stuff is important, but if you’re not feeling up to it, don’t click through. The world is a scary place at the moment, and sometimes people come here for a respite from that, I get it. That being said, I care about all of you, my laserpeeps, and think this is important to see and understand.

So, if you’re up for it, take a deep breath and give it a read.

Don’t let anyone ever try to tell you that this wasn’t so bad, that we should reopen things as quickly as possible. Until we have a vaccine, we cannot reopen. We just can’t. There is no returning to our old ways for a very long time, if ever.

Whoever flagged this should be ashamed. Cowards, all of you.

15 Likes

I have found this to be an excellent source of reputable information. It’s free and updated daily. I recommend subscribing.

http://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/newsroom/newsletters/hsh/

This got my attention, and perhaps helps explain why so many seem to be “asymptomatic”.

Temporal dynamics in viral shedding and transmissibility of COVID-19 (Nature Medicine) We report temporal patterns of viral shedding in 94 patients with laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 and modeled COVID-19 infectiousness profiles from a separate sample of 77 infector–infectee transmission pairs. We observed the highest viral load in throat swabs at the time of symptom onset, and inferred that infectiousness peaked on or before symptom onset.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.