Improvements Such As Snap-to & Nudge Rotate

I do a lot of placement and moving things around in the GFUI. It is one of the things I like most about the Glowforge. It is also one of the things that I can lose myself in…spending a lot of time doing, but that’s a small sacrifice for how I’m able to waste very little material.

I’ve read a lot on this forum over the last year plus, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen these things mentioned.

I would like to see a few things for the Hopper:

1. I use the rotate option a lot. I would love to see there be a snap-to kind of feature when using the rotate action. Meaning, when you get to exactly vertical or horizontal, it would snap and want to stay there. I think that would be incredibly helpful for laying out many designs and text.

2. I have learned to use the arrow keys to nudge my artwork and get it precisely where I want it. I would love to be able to nudge while using the rotate option, so I could nudge it very gently either way while rotating.

2 Likes

Try holding shift down before you start your rotation (not after).

5 Likes

That simple?
Are you kidding me? This is already a thing? ha ha
I’ll try this tonight…need to do some more engraving.

2 Likes

It will constrain your rotation to 45 degree angles. But - you have to hold shift down before you start rotating, otherwise it will start constraining from the point you hold shift down (at least last time I used it).

5 Likes

This and many more tips here:

1 Like

I’ve read through this and many other tutorials/posts. Guess I didn’t catch it. Time to go through it again! ha

Thanks