In maker hell tonight

I find if you use tape on the build plate – blue painters tape works great – the raft sticks better to it

They are mpeg-4 videos but when you upload to vimeo they get transcoded anyway into their format (just like youtube does). So the original format is irrelevant as long as vimeo can understand it.

yay, we have moldlay printing! (I gave up and simply made the model flat to the bed…)!
Printed at 190C/40C with speed down to 35.

In case anyone is wondering what that is, it’s a conceptual model of the billiary tree with the gallbladder bulging on the left of the photo, with the main intrahepatic bile ducts above it and the duodenum (first part of the small intestine) is the cylinder at the bottom). This is for a very cool training device for teaching interventional radiology via fluoroscopy which is a high spatial acuity task since you have a 2D view and are sticking things via fluoroscopy into a 3D body…

Here is my lovely student intern Sophie in the pink lead (I’m pretty cool that I let my interns take a $1m piece of equipment out for a spin). This specific model is for training for inserting drains into the bile duct when there is an obstructing gallstone.

13 Likes

:smile:

that’s how they learn!

reminds me of getting to take the fancy new environmental SEM out for test drives.

1 Like

Yay! I’ve missed your projects :slight_smile:

1 Like

@blake.erickson I note the link went dead again. This seems to be a recurring problem with Vimeo