Indiana Jones Display

Yeah. For me it’s one, three, two (kinda dark) then four (just silly…)

2 Likes

Unable to leave well-enough alone, I added some backlighting inside the boxes that have fronts:

But there was STILL something missing… Maybe foil as a reflector? Yeah, NOW we’re talking…

Still need to get some excelsior to put underneath the artifacts, though.

Now I’m debating making clear acrylic backs for the open crates and dusting them with hairspray for a little diffusion (tried translucent acrylic - a little too opaque)

9 Likes

That looks so cool! How about using velum for diffusion? I know it comes in different opacity. And I want to know about the Emmys! What did you win them for?

2 Likes

Velum might work, but I was thinking that clear acrylic would be self-supporting- and I can engrave the design from the crate front on them backwards…

In my 33 years as an engineer at the Madison Square Garden TV network I actually have nine Emmy certificates, but only got the statues for two: NY Rangers - Maintenance Engineer and NY Rangers - Engineer In Charge. (The statues cost money and the network wasn’t always as generous with the behind-the-scenes guys…) I was promised one more statue by the Knicks producer, but then Covid came along and I retired early…

4 Likes

The lights should be under those?

1 Like

The stones (and the crystal skull) themselves light up… I didn’t have them on for the photos (yet)…

2 Likes

I decided they really don’t need backs after I got some excelsior… (Note: a 16oz bag is a LOT of excelsior…)
Here’s the final look: (unless I think of something else to add…)

11 Likes

That does make them stand out more! Freshly opened crates. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think my mind is melting. I look at that last photo and try to imagine the bird that would go with that egg and nest
:face_with_spiral_eyes:

3 Likes