Infinite Garden jigsaw puzzle

That’s petty fantastic. Really nice work. You must have put a lot of time into that.

13 Likes

wow, this is amazing. great result for a first attempt

9 Likes

That’s gorgeous. I can’t even imagine kerf correcting for so many pieces!

12 Likes

Wow! Love that you made it to cross over. It’s a very cool puzzle.

11 Likes

I don’t recall exactly how much time it took. I think I played with the picture for a couple of weeks, then spent a few days on the cut pattern, and one day doing the physical construction and cutting (divided into 10 sheets, not counting redos).

11 Likes

This is way way way outside of the puzzle making norms.
Awesome concept and great execution.

12 Likes

Infinitely impressive.

8 Likes

Wow that’s fantastic

8 Likes

Most impressive, indeed. Both in concept and in execution.

Thanks for sharing it.

7 Likes

Wow! That is cool. An inspiration for sure.

9 Likes

This is so very impressive. I especially love the pathway tiles and the bridge cross-over!

7 Likes

That’s an amazing project and a truly clever idea.

7 Likes

Awesome design! Thanks for writing about how you did it. I love the mosaic path and colors. I saw the cat right away, now I’ll go back and find the fairy and lizard.

a few minutes later… Is the fairy in the undercrossing? Can’t find it. I did see a lizard, squirrel and nest with eggs. Is there more?

6 Likes

Yes, the fairy is under the crossing. You only missed a couple of small ladybugs. I didn’t want to overdo it with too many figures, so I left out the skunk, the baby statue, the sundial.

7 Likes

Really fantastic work. My wife loves puzzles. Do you provide patterns or sell them? you should be selling this (Just my opinion), it is unique and amazing.

2 Likes

As a general rule. shop and sale information is in their account info. You would click on their avatar and if sales were being done their site listing would be a goto place. It is done in this manner due to the rule of no advertising on the forum which also means asking to buy designs not offered is frowned upon.

I don’t see a sales option on the @Purplie account info, but that does not necessarily mean he is not interested. You can contact him in a private message or he can add sales info to his avatar.

Worth mentioning again, awesome puzzle concept and make…

4 Likes

Thanks for the compliment!

This type of crossing-over puzzle wouldn’t work without doing the kerf adjustment. It has to fit snugly so that it won’t fall apart.

I haven’t yet found an economical way to do this, for printed puzzles (except for small puzzles under 5"). A copy of this one, which is cut from 10 sheets, will take around $60 in materials and a few hours labor, as I explain in more detail in a previous post.

Anyway… I don’t have a shop. If anybody is seriously interested in trying to make one, I don’t mind sharing the files. But it’s an exacting process. If you want to try out the technique for a small 5" puzzle, take a look at Part 1 of the tutorial.

If the picture were engraved, instead of made from paper prints, it would be much easier. The precision alignment problem would mostly go away. Hmm, maybe I’ll try doing one of those…

8 Likes

That is beautiful!! I love it!!

2 Likes

I agree with you, that selling the puzzles themselves would be difficult to make profitable, considering the labor involved, but, selling the pattern for $10 or $15 may be an easy way to “support you habit” and maybe offset some costs, without losing you with a bunch of work.

Again, the fact that this is such a unique design, just beautiful

4 Likes

wow, that’s really cool!

5 Likes