Inkscape and Blender 3D

I’m not really sure where to put this, so i’ve put it in “Everything Else”.

For a while now I’ve been trying to figure out how to translate my favorite tools and methods that I use in Blender 3D over to Inkscape. I’m a huge fan of Bezier Curves. and have used that method extensively in my 3D modeling… and for the life of me, i could not figure out how things were done in Inkscape… Well I finally figured them out!

In Blender you essentially have 1 tool, you click move your cursor, click and repeat… changing the node handles as you go… But in Inkscape you have 2 tools… first the Draw bezier curves tool, THEN the edit paths tool… I don’t know why it took me so long to figure out that these were separate and that you have to use first the draw then the edit… BUT I’ve finally figured it out. and because of that, i made this:

I still have some work to do for designs, BUT now I can really get things started! :smiley:

I’m a happy designer.

26 Likes

Nice! It looks like a photo. That’s some lovely detail you’ve got there.

7 Likes

This looks like a good hello world project when your Gf arrives. I love the detail. Our Canadian Glowforgers will be asking you for the SVG. Really nice job. - Rich

4 Likes

That’s stunning! I totally assumed it was a vectorized photo.

3 Likes

I based it off of that, yes. :smiley: Thank you. :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve been struggling my way into Inkscape as of late as well. Good work! I think what you are saying is that you manually traced a photo? I just posted my manually traced item, too.

4 Likes

yep, i pixel pushed it. Using the photo to get the outline and highlights, and then adding extras as I went.

2 Likes

And here is what I’m planning on doing for my “hello world” design. Closer to the style I enjoy doing and I have a whole series planned for jewelry designs.

12 Likes

That looks good!,