Inkscape Extension troubles

It is probably me. I am trying to install the living hinge extension for inkscape. I have downloaded the extension but cant seem to get it to move and open Windows 10 OS. Any suggestions? I have read the instructions and watched videos and still no luck

Thanx, Craig

The most important part of the instructions is:

Copy living_hinge.inx and src/living_hinge.py to your extension directory.

Don’t forget that src/ is actually a directory you’ll need to add to the existing extension directory. Put the python script in the new subdirectory. Here’s the relevant bit from the Inkscape directions:

Copy the files into the directory listed at Edit > Preferences > System: User extensions. After a restart of Inkscape, the new extension will be available.

Finding the right directory is typically the biggest challenge.

Good luck!

3 Likes

I can get to Edit-Preferences-System-User Extensions but am unable to copy the file there. Dont know why. Also don’t know how to add the src directory

Sounds like permission issues. You might try searching the Inkscape community forums.

Best of luck!

Perhaps it is just a permissions issue?Just need those two files. Unzip in download, select those two files, copy and then run File explorer as administrator. Find your extensions directory for Inkscape. Paste them in there.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.