Inkscape Question for engraving

it worked just fine for me. Be sure the map isn’t selected when you do the exclude, you want just the frame elements.

HILLIARD MAP

Last steps: select all and do a union. It’ll merge the frame with the map and the nameplate.

I left it like this for you in case you wanted to modify the frame to be any thicker.

1 Like

Maybe that is what was happening. Since it’s under the frames it must be grabbing it.
Thank you so much!

You know about shift-click? They let you select specific items, without using a drag-select.

Hold shift and click the two rectangles. They’ll be the only things you have selected. For confirmation, at the bottom of your screen it should say “2 objects of type rectangle selected”.

Keep an eye on that text at the bottom of your screen when things don’t work like you think. The status messages there can be important to figuring out the issue. For example, if you tried to union two groups, it will throw an error, because the groups aren’t paths. That sort of thing.

1 Like

IT took another 100 tries but somehow I got it to work…lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.