Inkscape vs Illustrator if you're new to vector design

The question has come up many times. I’m not advocating one over the other, it comes down to what you need and prefer, and this is a nice comparison if you’re new to vector design.

19 Likes

I’m a big fan of Nick - learned a lot of Inkscape from him. Have his Masterclass as well.

3 Likes

Wow! Thanks @eflyguy . My first introduction to Nick Saporito. Very informative. I’ve got to try his Inkscape Master Class. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

If you’re new to vector design, I think $15 is very reasonable. … but now I sound biased.

2 Likes

Watching Nick do amazing stuff in Inkscape in the background of his video (although maybe sped up?) makes it clear to me I’ve only scratched the surface of what Inkscape can do. I’ve only been using it two years with my Glowforge. Lots more to learn… :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I watched this vid on youtube and found it very informative. As I am starting up my business on the side of my full time job. My goal is to make it my full time job. That being said I think that I am going to go with adobe illustrator for the support that I will receive when needed. This was a great video!

2 Likes

Do you know if taking the masterclass offered by Nick is a good way to learn how to convert images for engraving? My husband is military and there are a bunch of logos that he would like me to be able to engrave for him for various going away/ promotion gifts, and while some of them have been okay for me to do, there are quite a few that I can’t figure out. Jules has helped me with one in the past but I’d like to learn how to do it so I don’t need to keep asking for help! Thank you in advance for your time and help.

1 Like