Inlaid valet tray

NOT AT ALL! Understand my point is that the posts are always awesome!!!

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s one–though somewhere I’ve seen one w/ a mushroom cloud… or maybe just imagined that…

It depends on your device as to how the emoticon is rendered. On my phone, the reply has the cloud but when it hits Discourse it turns into the red exploded brain (at least when viewed in the phone).

Your mastery at inlay and kerf is astounding! Love to see all you do, so don’t ever hold back!

5 Likes

Excellent as usual.
Do you reverse the inlay to help with the cut slope? Yes, you have inlay nailed down!

1 Like

Yes I do. The trick is to flip one side of the inlay horizontally. The flower petals had to be mirrored so that the piece fit properly.

I talk about this in a bit more detail in my other tray posts.

3 Likes

I thought I remembered that, thanks! Beautiful job on that man.

2 Likes

So beautiful!!! Please never hold back your work. It’s so amazing!

Our lives have blown up with family emergencies, losses, etc. My Glowforge time is … try to keep up with “NEW” on the forum. When life calms down … I’m going to read all your notes on inlays, and have a go!

9 Likes

Yikes! So much happening everywhere I do hope you can at least land on your feet. :hugs: :heart:

2 Likes

When life calms you will find me on my feet … Ready to push the button on the Glowforge. :rainbow:

6 Likes

Oh dear…I am so sorry to hear that. I know…everyone goes through some tough times…but still… I’ll be happy for you when everything smooths out again.

5 Likes

Yeah, I hope you get back up to full speed soon too! We’re kind of scrambling this morning as well. (It must be the season for it.) :confused:

2 Likes

I sincerely hope life calms down for you and your family. Thinking about future Glowforge projects may provide temporary distractions from worries.

1 Like

Beautiful work!

Question for you, where did you get the Padauk from? Is it any easier to cut then Sapele?

That piece was from Green Valley Wood Products, and it is a walk in the park to cut compare to sapele. I’d put it more in line with walnut, a bit tougher than maple, much easier than heavy exotics like purpleheart.

Sapele/rosewood/bubinga/cocobolo are all in the “ugh” category, they are awesome but very hard to cut.

5 Likes

Can you explain “easing” and what you mean here? I’m such a newbie

Just a teensy bit rounded off, so the laser can zoom around them instead of stopping to change direction. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks! I have gotten my Dragon on the table and the vent positioned and am ready to fire up my Drrrragon (Scots burr required),… but my signal strength is not the best it the studio… Arghus! So ready to forge SOMETHING!:triumph:

1 Like

Another fantastic design. Such a lovey box!

1 Like

Really nice work. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like