We totally remodeled the upstairs area in our office to allocate about 1000 sq feet of space for 3 year olds to run wild since it is a bit risky to send them off to preschool now. We added two bathrooms (there were none upstairs before), and my wife asked me to make some signs to designate the boys restroom and girls
This gave me an opportunity to try acrylic inlay to walnut plywood. There are definitely some air gaps, but I will fill them in with clear resin later to better secure the figures in place.
My wife suggested typical figures. But I decided to go with something with which young kids could better identify. My young twins recognized themselves immediately so it worked.