Insect Coasters on Slate

Post with Close-Ups
Linking Instagram because there are better, more clear pics on there :slight_smile:
Hi all!
I just wanted to share my favorite creation I’ve done on the GF (Pro Model) so far, these insect illustrations (done on Ipad Pro with the Apple Pencil in Adobe Illustrator). The detail came out beautifully - check out the dragonfly wings!

Screenshot 2021-09-14 at 10-11-25 HeatonHausCreations on Instagram “www heatonhauscreations com (link in bio) These natural…|667x500

27 Likes

So those sketches are your own art? If so, really nice work.

3 Likes

They are, thank you! I really enjoyed making them.

5 Likes

Love the praying mantis

3 Likes

That one’s my favorite too, of course the one with the least detail work to draw ends up being my favorite lol :joy:

2 Likes

Lovely.

1 Like

Those are absolutely amazing! Even more so that they were done on an iPad :smiley:

One thing though - the Friendly Neighborhood Lawyers (FNL) only allow us to post settings in the Beyond the Manual section. You can either move your entire post, remove that section, or create a post in BtM with the settings and just link that here!

Since you ended up with such wonderfully bright lines I wonder if the coasters came pre-coated with shellac.

Oh, and the zip storage bag you have on your homepage with the dragonfly is also gorgeous. I do love the darkened canvas look!

1 Like

Very cool. I am always so jealous of people who can draw.

2 Likes

Thank you for letting me know! I don’t believe they came pre-coated because they are very easily damaged/scratched before I coated them myself.

I appreciate your kind words & advice! I had to put the dragonfly on the canvas so I could see it on a larger scale, so happy with how it came out :slight_smile:
Detailed Pics

1 Like

Thank you! I really enjoy drawing on the Ipad much more than I thought I would, I figured I’d miss pen & paper but not so much lol.

I love them. They look like fossils, especially the dragonfly.

1 Like

exactly! :smiley: It inspired my next idea…more to come lol

1 Like

Terrific work! Lots of inspiration here!

1 Like

Your slate coasters are really top notch!

1 Like

I love engraving on slate, and these turned out great!

1 Like

I was shocked at how beautiful the lines came out on slate! Already have begun drawing another series for slate coaster lol :joy:

1 Like

I really appreciate that, thank you so much!

Thanks so much, every new set gives me ideas for the next…a good problem to have for now! :smiley:

1 Like

Just wow! Great definition!

1 Like