Insert for gloomhaven

Morning,

I made an insert for my gloomhaven game to put all the bits away. Gloomhaven has a lot of bits…

Google Photos
Google Photos
Google Photos
Google Photos
Google Photos
Google Photos

Turned out well, took quite a while to prototype with green craft foam to start with.

Thanks!
David.

33 Likes

That’s a lot-o-parts! Neatly organized now. :grinning::+1:

1 Like

I’ve made my own for several games myself. Including Arkham Horror LCG and 7th Continent just this past month!

I love the puzzling out how all the parts need to fit so the box closes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Organizers is one of my favorite things to Glowforge.

1 Like

Great work! Love doing this too. I’ve been working on new item reveal boxes for Charterstone.

1 Like

Gives a great feeling every time you use it … Great job!

Any chance you’re willing to share out the design? All of my Gloomhaven bits are kind of a jumble…

The forum rules prohibit asking people for their files. :slight_smile:

That’s kind of an odd rule. Most of the makers I’ve known aren’t offended when you ask about their designs, usually quite the opposite when it’s something functional like this. It’s kind of presumptuous for the GlowForge team to assume the opposite of each person that own one of their devices.

Sorry to make the assumption that this was like other maker spaces I’ve been part of. That was my first post and didn’t realize there would be a rule like that.

…but if being pedantic about the rules, I can do that. It see it says not to ask for designs\files, or to ask for things for free.

So, to rephrase for the original author, it sounds like I’m allowed to ask if this is something that’ll be posted for sale, correct? Based on what I see in the GF marketplace, there’s items available for printing in such a way that the original designs and source files are not make available to the purchaser. So, it sounds like asking intent is allowed? That’s not in direct contravention of the rules, and also helps indicate to designer that there might be interest.

I’m not speaking for Glowforge, but it’s been a longstanding rule that most of us have crossed at least once. You aren’t the first or the last that will do so. Asking to purchase a design is absolutely fine.

If you want to ask if someone is going to make a design available, you can always PM the person and ask privately.

1 Like

Correct, there is nothing wrong with indicating interest in purchasing the design files to the designer. :slightly_smiling_face:

The assumption behind the rule is that likely the majority of the people who bought this machine did it to support a business venture. And the rule protects their interests. (Which encourages them to display their work, and gets them a little bit of exposure, as well as giving them a safe unpressured place to display their work. Which encourages even more designs coming from those new designers, and builds the pool of ideas.)

People who do want to share their designs can voluntarily load them into the Free Laser Designs section, or upload the files directly in the topic. The assumption here is that if someone wanted to share the files, they would do it. If not, they probably intend to sell them, so we don’t ask. (Not everyone is good at saying no graciously at first.) :slightly_smiling_face:

It is a different set of rules from other Makerspaces. My take on it is that they are trying to help new small businesses to get going here, and spark creativity in everyone, not just the person creating the original file. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Still not entirely happy with the gloomhaven boxes :slight_smile: I am going to do a bit more work on them and if they are good then, I will post something.

Thanks,
David.

As as side note, I did post the entire plans for the settlers game and box I made :slight_smile: